Friday, May 22, 2015

Zoe Louise | 30 months (April 30)

Oh Zoe.  I will say that we've hit a challenging couple of months.  But with those challenges comes the most bubbly personality.  Just when my patience is completely gone, you say something that is absolutely hilarious or do the cutest thing, and I seem to forget whatever you were doing that was upsetting me.  I know that the drama will only continue as you get older… :)  But you've got spunk and one heck of a personality that I love seeing shine through.



You repeat everything we say and in context.  

I'll say "actually" when you try to argue with me and you now like to say it to me.  For instance, I'll say you can't have any more bread.  You'll then say, "I actually want bread."  Yes, yes, Zoe.  I know.  

Whatever.  Oh this word!  Thankfully, it's pretty much stopped since I'm actually posting this but it was like nails on a chalkboard for a while.  You'd say whatever, laugh and then say, "We don't say whatever."  That's right…now don't say it!! :)



There were a slew of birthdays in your room at school and everyone brought in cake or cupcakes.  When we were in FL, we had cake and you kept asking, "Can I have some birthday please?"  You clearly thought all cake was birthday cake :)

We've finally hit a stride with going #1 AND #2 on the potty.  You definitely need to take your time when going #2 and I came up with the idea of using the shower curtain as a "privacy curtain" so now most of the time you'll pull the curtain around you, tell me to "give you pridadcy" and do your business.  It's ADORABLE.  Whatever works!



You love, love, love your brother and he adores you right back.  He seems to give you the biggest smiles.  There have been a few times though where you get frustrated with us and take it out on him (throwing something at him or hitting him).  Thankfully, that has only happened two or three times.  Obviously, I know this is only the beginning, but it's not really a fair fight since he can't fight back ;)


You HATE to brush your teeth.  I have to come up with a new crazy song every day it seems to get you to do it.  It's so frustrating for us since it's really something that should only take two minutes but ends up taking at least 10 because have to fight with you.  

You are getting better at eating different things.  I've introduced "dip" which daddy seems to think was a bad idea, but I say you are 2.  And most kids dip everything in ketchup so who cares if you eat a little ranch or sweet and sour sauce?  It's a sure way to get you to eat cucumbers and chicken.  You'll also eat red peppers now.  You love it so much that you know which dip is for what.  "No mommy.  That dip (ranch) is for my cucumber and that dip (sweet and sour) is for my chicken."



You love, love, love to skip and hop everywhere.  If you are skipping, you sing "Lou, lou, skip to my lou…"  You also love to sing "Row Row Row Your Boat."  Although you improvise a little…"Row row row row row, gently down the stream.  Merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream…"


You also love to point things out now when we are driving.  You did this before here and there mostly point out big trucks, or buses, etc.  But now you'll tell me everything all at once.  "I see a house, a sidewalk, a sign, grass, people" and so on and so on.  You love the "honk for peace" hippies that camp out on 9 mile on Monday afternoons.  You get SO excited when you see them.  

Daniel Tiger has become your TV obsession.  You

'll also watch Curious George but Daniel Tiger is your favorite.  We've used it as bribery for going #2 :)  And it helped you to sit still while you got your stitches.  Thankfully, it's a show with great lessons so I can't complain in your choice of cartoons.


I love to give you kisses and you'll announce, "I just gave you a kiss!" if I try to sneak another.  Then I start kissing you like crazy :)

Swimming has become your thing and you are such a fish in the water.  You would have stayed in that pool 24/7 in FL if we would have let you!



One morning we were going potty and you finished your business and stood up and faced your potty and said, "Daddy stands like this!"  Omg.  Do NOT try to pee like that!  Thankfully, I explained that's how boys/daddies go potty but girls and mommies have to sit.  Now you'll stop at random places and stand there with your legs spread and tell us "Daddy stands like this to go potty!  But I sit down."  Thankfully you caught on quickly.  The last thing that I need is for you to try to pee standing.  

Oh, Zoe.  We love you girl!  Keep making us laugh :)

I can't believe you are already 2.5 little girl.  You are so much fun, and we love you so much.  

1 comment:

  1. Miss ZoZo. I love all the mischief you are now going thru!! You are setting your parents into a dither. It is great to watch you explore things your way and attempt to get your way. Even if it isn't always want mom and dad want. Growing up is indeed a challenge. Always keep your spunk and silliness. Love that the mist. Love Beebe

    ReplyDelete